Chad Soard, owner of Trifecta Wildlife Services, attended the Wildlife Control Training Group’s 23rd Annual Wildlife Control Instructional Seminar held in Erlanger, KY on January 12th and 13th, 2017. The seminar is an opportunity for private, municipal, state, and federal wildlife and pest control personnel to obtain practical, hands-on training in resolving human and animal conflicts. A Bat Management Short Course was also offered and attended on the two days preceding the seminar, January 10th and 11th.
The lineup of topics and presentations covered during the Bat Management Short Course and Instructional Seminar was impressive and comprehensively covered many aspects of the wildlife control industry. Abundant opportunities were available for networking, learning new skills, and honing existing skills. Excellent companies don’t believe in excellence, only in constant improvement.
The topics covered in the Bat Management Short Course included:
- Bat biology – Introduction, behavior, species identification
- Bat conservation
- Rabies, histoplasmosis, and other bat-associated diseases
- PPE, inspection, and exclusion equipment
- Understanding sealants
- Working with slate, tile, and cedar shake roofs
- Removing individual bats
- Performing exclusions
The lineup of Instructional Seminar presentations included:
- Dealing with animal activists and extremists
- Getting started with goose control
- Using social media for business
- Reality Rope Access
- Bird control
- Starting and running a wildlife control business
- Skunk removal
- Biology and behavior of snakes and lizards
- Getting ready for employees
- Marketing your services
Trifecta Wildlife Services takes advantage of continuing education opportunities and appreciates the efforts of Wildlife Control Training Group to provide the industry with top notch education through their seminars!