The Trifecta Wildlife Services Team, Chad Soard, Tim Stephan, and Kevin Mims, attended the Wildlife Control Training Group’s 25th Annual Wildlife Control Instructional Seminar held in Erlanger, KY on February 21st and 22nd, 2019. The seminar is an opportunity for private, municipal, state, and federal wildlife and pest control personnel to obtain practical, hands-on training in resolving human and animal conflicts.
The lineup of topics and presentations covered at the Instructional Seminar was impressive and comprehensively covered many aspects of the wildlife control industry. Abundant opportunities were available for networking, learning new skills, and honing existing skills. Excellent companies don’t believe in excellence, only in constant improvement.
The lineup of Instructional Seminar presentations included:
- Stewardship & Professionalism in Nuisance Wildlife Control
- Removing Squirrels: Squirrel Trapping, Squirrel Exclusion, Squirrel Damage
- Beaver Damage Control Methods: Beaver Trapping, Beaver Control, Beaver Damage Management
- Ticks: The Increasing Threat
- Product and Organizational updates from Bird-B-Gone, Tomahawk Live Trap, Wildlife Control Supplies, AAC Distributing, Bob & Son’s Insurance, National Wildlife Control Operators Association, SkyHawk, Bird Barrier, Empower Training
- The Importance of Business Manuals: Employee Handbooks, Procedure and Policy Manuals
- New to the Business, or not: Operations, Professionalism, Customer Service, Value Provided to Clients, Valuing Your Time
- Ridge Guard Certification (AAC Distributing)
- Air Rifles for Wildlife Control: Sharpshooting, Safety, Laws, Considerations for Effective Usage
- Yard Mole Trapping and Control
- Removing Birds in Stores and Warehouses: Sharpshooting, Trapping (Box Traps, Mist Nets, etc), Other Methods, Safety
- Excluding the Small Guys (mice, bats, snakes, shrews): Detailed Inspection, Exclusion Materials and Methods, Metal Brake Work, Craftsmanship
- Migratory Bird Depredation Permits: When Applicable (Canada Geese, Woodpeckers, Vultures (buzzards), etc), Application Procedures
- Odor Control: Skunk Odor Removal, Dead-Animal Odor Control, Product and Equipment Overview
- Removing Dead Animals From Walls: Technology and Methods
- Raccoon and Skunk Trapping and Control Q&A
Trifecta Wildlife Services takes advantage of continuing education opportunities and appreciates the efforts of Wildlife Control Training Group to provide the industry with top notch education through their seminars!